Do you have experience with video design, directing, production, editing, and / or animation? Do you want to contribute to the rights of TIGV (trans, intersex and gender variant people)? Apply to Trans Network Balkan’s call for development and production of promotional video materials for Digital Transposium 2020!
Who are we and what is Digital Transposium?
Trans Network Balkan (TMB) is a small team of activists across the Balkans who came together with the desire to create a regional support network for trans, intersex and gender variant (TIGV) people. Our work covers Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Serbia and Slovenia.
Transposium is an event that brings together up to 100 TIGV people and allies from across the region as a place where we connect, support, learn from each other and strengthen our movement through educational, artistic and social content. This year we were supposed to hold the 6th Transposium, but due to the circumstances of the current prevalence of disease caused by coronavirus (COVID-19), we decided to hold Transposium 2020 via online platforms. We hope that this way we will gather an even larger number of people from our community who would otherwise not have an opportunity to participate in the live program. You can see some pictures and information from previous Transposiums on the pages of our partners Spektra and Trans Aid.
What we expect?
In order to bring the idea and the process of realization of the Digital Transposium closer to all TIGV people and allies throughout the region, we plan to publish two promotional videos for social media lasting up to 3 minutes, which will contain live action footage along with simple animation (to be discussed). One video would be for the purpose of clarifying Transposium itself, and the other would explain exactly how the Digital Transposium will take place, which tools we will use and in what way.
The videos would be in BCgHS and English, so working knowledge of both languages or at least one of the two is required.
To visualize what types of videos we have in mind, here are just a few examples (but we are open for dialogue and something different): THE WHOLE PACKAGE: NOW AVAILABLE FOR TRANS MEN, What It’s Like To Be Intersex, My Genderation Films
What do you get?
1. An opportunity to contribute to the TIGV movement and strengthen the TIGV community
2. To work with a great team of TIGV activists (or tell us if we are not so great) 😀
3. To develop your portfolio
4. Some money – we don’t have much, but our goal is to pay people for their contribution whenever possible, so we’ll see together what would be fair 🙂
How to apply?
Send the following to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Video Digital Transposium”:
- Links to examples of previous similar work with a clear indication of what your role / contribution was
- Short motivation letter (eg why you want to work on this, what experience you have, what is your vision / how you see these videos, why we should choose you)
- Description of capacity and needs (can you do both videos or just 1, how fast do you think you can do it, what aspects can you do – starting from the concept to final product – and for which you would need an extra person, are you ok to work with someone else or only solo)
The call is open to all persons who meet the above criteria, and we especially encourage TIGV persons from the region to apply!
|Closing of applications||04.06.2020.|
|Online conversations with chosen applicants||08. i 09.06.2020.|
|Start of production||12.06.2020.|